High bilirubin, Overweight and Allergies

Patient

Q: Dear sir,
I'm 49 years old, recently i have tested for LFT the findings are my Total Bilirubin is 2.0, Direct is 0.8 and Indirect is 1.2, what does these tests disclose? Kindly let me know.

Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query.
The reports are not normal. The levels of bilirubin suggests that there is some underlying inflammation in the liver. This can be attributed to various reasons like alcohol, some medicine induced or viral hepatitis. However, AST and ALT levels can give us a better picture.
I would recommend you to visit your doctor and get the proper guidance.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!