High Blood Lipase level due to pancreatitis

Patient

Q: The suggested category name is: pancreatitis

Hi.

I am 25 years old and I was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis. I stayed in hospital for 4 days and was given a lot of IV fluids and was discharged 2 days ago. When I was admitted my Lipase level was 550 and when I was discharged it was 510. Similarly, Amylase was 165 and came down to 140 when I was discharged. During my stay at the hospital, I was given protonix. I was discharged without any medication. The CAT scan showed that the tail of pancreas (left side of the body) was inflamed and was causing a mild inflammation in the intestines around it. There were no gallstones and I do not take alcohol. There were no signs of cancer either. The only symptom that I have is the abdominal pain at the left side. I am not nauseated, no fever, nothing else apparently. When I was discharged, I was recommended low fiber low fat diet. I do not have any illnesses in past and I dont take any medications.

My question is:
How dangerous are such high levels of these enzymes for me and how long does it usually take for the inflammation to vanish?
When I sleep, I feel that the sleeping posture aggravates the pain. Is that a cause of concern?
Reading on the internet, high-fiber low-fat diet is suggested for this condition. What might be the reason that my doctor suggested low-fiber low-fat diet?

Doctor