High blood pressure & sugar

Q: Good Morning Doctor,
My wife is suffering from High BPand Sugar. Todays morning BP was 156/97 and two days before sugar was 118 before breakfast and 127 after two hours of break fast. Total protien in 24 hour urine is 153.4. She used to walk daily 25 to 30 minutes.She is not eating sugar items and rice completely. After getting report of protien in urine,she stop the eating mutton, chicken, beef & fish items also.Doctor have put her under observation with out medicine.
My question is, in above condition can she do walking while she was sweating for a while then feeling cold and what are the precautions we have to take.

Thanks in advance

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Her blood sugars seem to be under control.
but her blood pressure is high.
I would advise her following investigations:
1. Kidney Function tests
2. Thyroid profile
3. Fasting Blood sugar
4. Fasting Lipid Profile
5. ECG.

I would advise her to get these investigations done. Based on the reports your doctor will start you on medications that would get her BP under control.
Commonly used antihypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics.
At her age, BP should not exceed more than 130/80 mmHg.
She should avoid pickle, rice and potato. Take low salt, and oil-free diet.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.