High blood sugar in the morning

Patient : Do people with normal blood sugar have the "dawn effect"? What should a normal blood sugar be when you wake up in the morning? Is 100-110 too high?
Symptoms:  Symptoms: Blood sugar is 105 in the morning
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Blood sugar variations can occur in normal people too. Fasting blood sugar of 126 m g/dl it is considered as diabetes and if blood sugar fasting is between 110-126 mg/gl, we call it Pre-diabetes or impaired fasting. Your blood sugar levels seems normal to me. You can get a glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) done to be sure. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.