Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > High fever 103.7 degrees, coughing and headache.

High fever 103.7 degrees, coughing and headache.

Patient: I have had a high fever (103.7) since this morning. Should i be concerned? should i continue placing cold towels on my head or should i go to an hospital?

Symptoms: Lot of coughing, headache. It feels like a cold but my nose is not runny at all.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You are indeed having high-grade fever, tepid sponging will help. Also, you have a headac he and feeling like having got cold as well.It looks like a viral infection. Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated and consult a doctor soon, do not wait. Blood and urine tests may be needed. A course of antibiotics and analgesics will be needed. Also, you can taken a Paracetamol tablet till you see the doctor bring down the temperature, also try steam inhalation.Hope this helped.Regards,