x
152 Physicians Online

Question:

High fever and cough in a child

My 11 year old daughter spent 2 days at her grandparents house. They have cats and she does have allergies. She came home complaining of a sore throat and tightness in her chest and coughing. She has a fever of 103.5. How long can she run this high of a temp?

Answer:

There is no specific time that can be told for running a temperature. It depends on the infection and the severity of the infection, I would advice you to treat the fever with advil or tylenol and keep a watch on the same. Give her saline gargles for her sore throat and cough. Also in case the symptoms get worse or persists please contact a physician in person. All the best.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA