High fever for couple of days and now is breaking in hives

Patient

Q: Daughter had high fever for couple of days and now is breaking in ives

Symptoms:  Fever, coughing, runny nose
High fever for couple of da...-1 High fever for couple of da...-2 High fever for couple of da...-3
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question

I also note the picture and the indicated age of 8-12. because of the presence of diapers, I assume the age is younger than stated

Any high fevers (more than 37.6 degreee celcius) persiting for more than 48 hours needs to be examined by a medical doctor sooner rather than later.

the appearance of a rash helps narrow down possibilities which include strep throat, roseolla and viral infection but a proper exam and thraoth swab is needed to direct treatment.