High fever of 104.2 and congestion

Patient

Q: My 4 year old toddler is running a high fever of 104.2 and vomiting what can it be?

Symptoms:  High fever and vomiting
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
High fever in the children is not suppose to be taken lightly. These could instigate seizures and that would cause damage to the Central Nervous system. This is Known as a febrile seizure. There fore I recommend an immediate visit to the Pediatrician. In the mean time cold wipes to control the fever and keeping it down is essential.
After a thorough physical examination and laboratory tests the cause of the fever needs to be diagnosed and the treatment be provided. This could be a bacterial infection and if so, needs to be treated immediately with antibiotics. Hope this information was useful.