x
65 Physicians Online

Question:

High fever since five days

Hi, I have had a high fever ranging from 103.5 F up to 106.8 F since five days. I have a lump under my jaw bone and my lymph nodes are swollen, my neck hurts and have a general feeling of malaise. My skin is starting to turn grayish pale. My fever breaks when I take tylonel or ibuprofen and I sweat like crazy until my clothes are soaking. I dont have a sore throat, no cough and no runny nose. Im not sure if it is contagious because everyone else at home seems to be fine. Thanks

Answer:

Your symptoms of fever and swollen lymph nodes could be caused by viral or bacterial infection of the throat. However similar symptoms may also be present with infectious mononucleosis, tuberculosis and lymphoma. You may want to see your doctor for further evaluation and treatment of the condition.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.