High fevers in Young Children

Patient

Q: What should be done for a two year old girl that gets hot to the touch and have a high fever of (101.2)? She eat and is still able to keep her food down, dont have the runs but she is saying that here bones in her neck and back is in pain.

Doctor

A:   Because children are not able to verbalize their symptoms as adults do, all high fevers in children deserve a thorough history and physical to determine a diagnosis. Treatment may or may not be required. I suggest you see your child's doctor or pediatrician.