High hemoglobin

Patient : I just got my cbc results back and my hemoglobin was 16.5. I am a 43 year old female, and my hemoglobin has always been in the 13-14 range. I'm a bit concerned. I have been eating fortified cereals twice daily. Should I be concerned?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. According to current medical guidelines, normal hemoglobin levels for women range from 12 g /dL to 16 g/dL. Your hemoglobin level is marginally elevated by only 0.5 g/dL and should not be a cause for concern. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com