High Risk Pregnancy?

Q: I am 19 and have a very irregular period. My mother has PCOS and the doctors believe I may have it as well. Since I never know when I am going to get my period and I sometimes miss it for abut 4 months, I am not quite sure about when I ovulate. I had my period from March 15-20. I then had protected sex the 25. My boyfriend also pulled out. However, I am very nervous because I am not sure if there is a great possibility of me being pregnant. I do not want a baby now. Should I be worried? maybe I should have waited longer to have sex.

Symptoms:  None

A:   Hi,

As your periods are irregular it is difficult to predict the time of ovulation and possibility of pregnancy.
But as you had protected intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
If you want to be sure, please go for urine test for pregnancy three weeks after the date of intercourse to find out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care.