Highly congested and in pain

Patient : What can an 80 year old diabetic woman take for congestion?
Symptoms:  Runny nose, congestion, soar throat, coughing, body aches
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The type of medication that can be prescribed for the treatment of these symptoms will depe nd on what is causing the. Based on the symptoms, it is possible that this could be an upper respiratory tract infection. This can be caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Elderly patients with diabetes can be more prone to infections. After an examination by a doctor is performed, antibiotic medications along with medications to relieve the symptoms of congestion will be prescribed. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com