Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hii Doctor I am 24 years old male with hair fall

Hii Doctor I am 24 years old male with hair fall

Patient: Hii DoctorI am 24 years old male and i have consistent hair fall above my ears portion in both sides and my scalp looks visible from both sides and my hairs going curly from both sides of my temple.I have dandruff in my hair and my scalp is so itchy everyday and specially when i take some chilly food and it is happening since last 3 years.May it is due to my study stress because i feel much hairfall and dandruff in my exam days.I don’t have hairfall at my crown but my temples are almost hairless due to consistent hair fall. It is not a male pattern baldness and i am so confused that it looks so odd because i have never seen that kind of hair loss in any other person.A doctor suggest me to take minokem 5% lotion but i have not apply this yet.Please suggest me that whether should i apply this, i am really very confused.

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Hair fall is caused by dandruff. Used the lotion which is prescribed. Dandruff also known as seborrheic dermatitis is a common scalp disorder. It can occur due to dry skin, irritated oily skin, growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, inflammatory skin conditions and other such factors.- The antifungal and antibacterial properties of Indian lilac, also known as neem, help treat dandruff as well as many other hair problems like scalp acne, itchy scalp, and hair fall efficiently.- Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff due to its antifungal properties. It also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching.- Scalp treatment with apple cider vinegar is effective in getting rid of dandruff. It restores the pH balance of the scalp, thereby inhibiting the growth of yeast. It also works as a natural hair clarifier and helps clean clogged pores and hair follicles.I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.