Hip Dislocation?

Patient

Q: Hello,
4 years ago now I was practicing the splits, as I was a dancer. I had done the splits thousands of times before. As I was holding myself a foot or so off the ground with my right leg forward and applying reasonable pressure, I was at my maximum stretching point. Suddenly, my right femur or groin area cracked and my pelvis actually hit the ground, which I was not flexible enough to do. The only way I can describe this is that the femur or hip dislocated, hit the ground, and then must have popped back in I suppose. I'm not sure if that is possible, and every physiotherapist and doctor I have told thinks I am crazy, but I know that an enormous crack let me fall down into the full splits so I have no other explanation. Is this possible? I have read that it happens in children but I was 19 at the time. Being shy, I didn't want to cause a scene and it was late at night so I didn't go to emergency or anything; I mostly was confused and shocked, and it hurt so much to walk that I thought I'd see how the next days played out. Recently I broke my collar bone and sat in the ER thinking about how little it hurt in comparison to the hip every day.
I still have daily shooting pains in that hip. Sitting is unbearable, walking and doing other mild activities like yoga is becoming impossible. The pain currently is usually down by my sit bones but feels 'deeper', and will shoot either down my leg from there or up into my core. I always thought with rest and moderate stretching it would recover, but never has, and almost seems to be getting worse. It often grinds as I walk, and I end up limping. I assume that the tendons or hip socket are very injured there and hope to get an MRI or something soon.
If anyone has advice, or knows if dislocating the hip in the splits is even possible, it would be a great help.
In addition I have been told that I have loose ligaments, because of this and another injury in my right knee where it twisted itself up in my sleep for which I also have no explanation.
I'm a bike riding, mountain climbing, dance and yoga loving active person and this is really limiting my life. I fear I won't be able to walk at all within even 10 years.
Thank you for any help.

Doctor