Hip pain

Patient: I have had bad hip pain for almost a year now. The pain is off and on and is a dull achy pain. It seems to just keeping getting worse and more constant. I’ve had CBC tests, ANA tests, a celiac panel, x rays, and other tests done. The only thing they found was a 10 degree curve in my lumbar spine. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and put on birth control a few months ago, but like I said it just keeps getting worse. Should I continue to get this checked out or stop worrying about it?

Symptoms: Hip pain, back pain, and fatigue

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that a curvature of the lumbar spine (lower back) could shift pressure to on e hip over the other resulting in pain. However, we cannot say this for certain without firth examinations and testing. If your pain is affecting the quality of your life, you should try to continue to work with medical health professionals to assist in determining the cause. Perhaps you can consult with some our allied health professionals such as physiotherapists and chiropractors. Such medical professionals can asses your posture, gait, and the way you stand to determine if these are contributing to your hip pain. Once this is elucidated they can show you how to remedy this with lifestyle modification and treatment. Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor to determine whether they will be appropriate for you.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com