Hip pain from squats/barbell rows

Patient

Q: Ive ben having a pain in my hips. When I sit down it throbs sometimes if I dont position myself right. When standing, it doesn't hurt until I bend/arch my back forward. It doesn't hurt if I bend with my hips and keep my back straight. The injury started when I was lifting weights. I was doing barbell rows and squats. It was also further enhanced by playing soccer and falling on my butt, the opposite side of the pain.

The pain is on the back of the left hip. Higher than the end of the tailbone, at the soft spot in the hips below the pelvis. (sorry if this is confusing, I cant post an image to show). It has lasted for about 2 months now without any physical activity. Using pain relieving oils and lotions makes the pain sharper.

I've tried stretches from quads to piriformis to glutius medius. Stretching helped alleviate a certain extent of pain at that time but it didn't help on subsequent attempts. I'm assuming hip tightness was a problem but not the only problem. I've tried icing, it works for the moment but the pain carries on.

I've seen the general practitioners at my local polyclinic, they waved it off as nothing serious and gave me pain killers. It didnt work so i went back for an X-ray, they said again that they can't find anything wrong.

any idea what is wrong? Should I visit a chiropractor, physiotherapist or maybe a chinese doctor? Do you advise minor exercise(running/swimming)?

Symptoms:  Hip pain, throbbing and slight swelling in the area.
Doctor