Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > History of cancer now suffering from hip pain.

History of cancer now suffering from hip pain.

Patient: I AM CANCER SURVIVOR SINCE 2007 CLEAR TESTS CLEAR MARGINS CLEAR LUMPNODES CLEAR BONE SCAN IN 2007 NOW AM HAVING PAIN IN HIPS WHAT COULD THIS BE EMERGENCY ROOM SAID BURSISITIS CAN U TELL THIS OR CANCER FROM A SIMPLY EXRAY

Doctor: I do understand that you may be concerned because you’ve recently undertaken treatment for cancer. The cause of back-pai n could range from musculo-skeletal, herniated disc, nerve impingement syndrome to metastasis from cancer. It would be wise not to disregard this pain as a simple hip pain and investigate further for any serious problems. An malignant involvement of spine can definitely be identified by an x-ray.