Hit by a car, in pain

Q: I was a pedestrian hit by a car 1 month ago. I have suffered with chronic pain for the last month. My face broke my fall on the left side. I believe I have developed lipoma's around my eye and potentially have an impinged trigeminal nerve. My face hurt to touch it, searing pain, teeth hurt on the bottom left jaw. I had pelvic pain immediately after I regained consciousness, CT scans were negative from head to toe. The last two weeks I have been close to tears with nerve pain in my lower, right side of my back. The car took me out on the left side, is it possible to have injured the right side of my back? The sciatic nerve is compressed. I have vaginal numbness, groin pain, burning sensation across my lower abdominal quadrants, butt aches all the way to my toes, feels like I have a chronic shin splint and I am having bowel issues. This points to an injury of the L-S spine. I am here because I have a very simple GP who is old school Since this is related to an MVA, I want to make sure that I see the right professionals and I need to know how to get pain relief and prevent potential permanent damage. I am not coping well with this daily pain. Help! Which direction should I go in?

Symptoms:  Numbness, aching, stabbing, reproduced/made worse during any physical activity; driving, sex, stairs, sitting, standing, laying down

A:   Thank you for your question.

Car accidents are high velocity injuries and treatment needs to start asap.

If there is no documented proof of fractures or organ injury, treatment can be started right away.

If there is not fractures or organ damage, the pain must be from soft tissue damage (muscles,ligaments, nerves).

Soft tissue tends to become dysfunctional after a motor vehicle accident but can return to normal with constant treatment to reconfigure the tissue.

The best approach would be to consult a chiropractor of physiotherapist trained in acupuncture. To start the healing process which can take a minimum 12 weeks.

If pain does not subside after treatment, a visit to a chronic pain specialist may be required for pain relief until the soft tissue re stabalizes