Hole in Muscle Next to Anus or Inner Buttock

Patient

Q: I have noticed that on my inner buttock just to the back and left side of my anus, there is a 1 inch area of skin that feels slack and squishy and if I press on it, it feels like the muscle of my buttock is missing or diminished under that spot.

I am 26 years old and about 6 years ago I was having very uncomfortable problems with constipation, and I have pretty irritable bowels in general, and hemorrhoids. Well, I discovered at some point that I could avoid the horrible constipation issues by putting pressure on my rectum through my vagina to help abnormal movements be pushed out. I still have to do this to get everything out if the bowel movement is not a normally formed one, which is often. I am afraid I may have done damage to that area, or weakened it too much. I am not experiencing pain or any real inconvenient issues, but with this "hole" in the tissue behind my anus I am wondering if this is something that needs attention and what it is. Thank you.

Doctor