Hole on nose left by pimple won't heal.

Patient

Q: I had a pimple on my nose and a few days ago i popped it and drew out a lump of semi-solid white stuff. It left a circle around a millimeter in diameter which scabbed over and today I accidentally scratched off the scab and now I have a hole on my nose! There is no blood but it is red and the skin around it is also red. Is this permanent? How do I get rid of it?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. No, it is likely that this will not be permanent. Please allow it to heal, without scraping of any newly formed scabs. In about a week or so you should observe considerable reduction in the size of this indentation. Try to keep the area clean and dry, and refrain from touching excessively as this can increase the risk of infection.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com