Holiday

Patient : I want to stop my period cause I am going on holiday . Which is the best way to do this should I take the pill or use Norethisterone.
Doctor :   You could deal with your menses by either using the regular 28 day contraceptive pills or the newer medications such as Seasonale or Lybrel which would give you 4 or 1 menses during a year respectively. If you would like to use regular contraceptives to extend your menses in your vacations only, you would need to use 2 packs of 28 day regular contraceptives and discard the placebo or 4th week of the first package. Then you will need to take the 6 active week packages and the placebo package on the 7th week to have your menses. Calculate the best day to start your medications; I would suggest you to start them on the first day of your last menstruation prior to your vacations if possible. Make sure that the oral contraceptives contain 20 to 35 micrograms of estrogen (ethinyl estradiol) and that are monophasic containing the same amount of hormones in every pill. I wish you the best.