Holiday Red wine problems

Patient

Q: I am Jewish and I drink wine only for our holidays(as is tradition)and found out that I have a severe reaction to red wine(Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, ect.), my throat gets swollen and I can't breath. But I can drink white wine without any problems, and I can eat red grapes both regular and concord grapes.
Do you know why I have such a deadly reaction to red wine, but not its grape? I love the taste of red wine. Why am I allergic to a certain type of wine? Can I have Pink wine? Can I have food that has red wine in it?

Doctor