Home PT test negative, but i feel its false.

Q: Hello, I am currently taking minocycline for acne. My husband and I had unprotected sex during my ovulation. Although, my next period should come Jan 12th and as of today 8th Jan, I took home PT and got negative result. Could that be a false negative? Or is it too early to detect?

Symptoms:  Feeling nausea but not vomiting.

A:   The best way to find out when in doubt about a pregnancy is to take a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. You did the right thing by taking a pregnancy test upon suspecting a pregnancy however you took the test a bit too early. Most home kits are accurate when the test is carried out after missing the period.
Now that the test is negative, I suggest that you repeat the tests after a week . When correctly done, most pregnancy tests are nearly 99 percent accurate.
Also minocycline is usually not safe medicine to be taken if you are trying to conceive. Please check the same with your treating physician so that you make an informed choice regarding the same.