Home remedies for Sore Throat

Patient : My insurance just ended and I cant afford to go to the doctor, and I am unable to try to get new insurance cause it is the beginning of a holiday weekend. I also have a 3 month old son and I don't want to get him sick. I have been using germ-x and washing my hands a lot. Question: What are some home remedies that can help get rid of a sore throat before it ends up getting too bad where you have to go to the doctor and get antibiotics, or before it turns into strep throat?
Doctor :   Here several home remedies that you can try for a sore throat. i) Saltwater gargles might help to clear the phlegm and also act as a mild antiseptic. ii) A vaporizer or humidifier place in your room or alternatively steam from hot water will prevent your throat lining from becoming dry. iii) Avoid smoking. iv) Bolster immune system with taking food rich in vitamin C and E. v) Soothing logenzed, over the counter cough medication might help especially if suffering from cough that is troubling. I hope the information helps, I wish you well.