Home treatment for draining fluid in ear

Patient : I've had a plugged right ear for a week, how do I unplug it?
Symptoms:  Ear is plugged.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The best way to have this treated is to go to your doctors office and have your ear examine d first. If the ear is obstructed with impacted ear wax, it can easily be irrigated with water using a special syringe. If this clogged ear is due to fluid behind the ear drum, then this may require the use of antihistamine medications to allow this fluid to effectively drain through the eustachian tubes into your oropharynx. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com