Hopefully not an anurysm

Patient

Q: Hi there I am a 29 year old male. I've noticed a bruised type feeling when I push on my stomach in between my naval and my ribs. I worry it is some sort of Anurysm. I can see the pulse in my stomach and sometimes I get nerve twitchings from my abdomen down my legs, to my feet and ankles. I am a smoker and drinker but overall feel ok. Again the bruise feeling is only when pushing on it. The twitchings or nerve twitchings happen often more so in my legs. Do I need to worry about an anurysm?

Symptoms:  Abdomen pain (feels like a bruise) when pushing only. Stomach, leg, feet nerve twitchings
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The tenderness you are feeling in your abdomen may be more consistent with the development of an epigastric abdominal hernia rather than an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). AAA's are far more painful, producing a tearing sensation deep within the abdomen rather than pain on palpation of this tender area. In order to fully evaluate this pain, you will need to be physically examined by a doctor and have an abdominal ultrasound in order elucidate the cause of this pain. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com