Hormone imbalance due to birth control?

Patient

Q: I'm 21 and I've been on Tri-Sprintec for about 5 years now. For the last three months I have been getting spotting on the second row of pills of four and my actual period on the fourth. My face, which has been clear since beginning the birth control, has broken out horribly beginning mostly on the jaw line and my lower cheeks as well as my forehead. I'm an active person who eats a healthy diet but am seeing more body fat and having less energy and motivation. And I'm also noticing mood swings and severe sadness on many days though I have nothing to severely stress me out or make me sad. I also have trouble falling asleep most nights even though I'm incredibly tired. Could this be hormone imbalance? Should I switch my pill? How can I get tested for my symptoms?

Symptoms:  Severe acne on jawline and cheeks, weight gain, less energy/motivation, sadness, fatigue, spotting on top of periods, trouble falling asleep
Doctor