Horrible cough that doesnt ocurr in the night for thirteen yr old

Patient

Q: Hi my name is zehra and I ha a question about my 1 year old cousin he has been having a persistent cough for about three ays he starts gagging and he wont stop even for a minute they took him to the doctor but they said he does not have any pnuemonia and npw they are testing him for whooping cough but he ha the vaccination so I dont think he has that.
one thing that is weird is that he doesnt cough when he is sleeping
they went to the doctor three time but they cant figure out anything
I was wondering if maybe you can help thank u

Doctor