x
Browse
188 Physicians Online

Question:

How Asthma and Eczema Are Related

My Doctor recently diagnosed me with seasonal Asthma (in the winter time only). Nobody in my family has Asthma but some people have Eczema. My doctor sais Asthma and Eczema are related. Is this true? How are they related?

Answer:

I understand your doubt about Asthma and Eczema relationship. Let me tell you that they are related.
Eczema which is a relapsing inflammatory skin disorder that causes it to itch has been linked with many other allergic conditions including asthma and hay fever. Most families that have eczema also have hay fever and/or asthma somewhere in their families.
Asthma is a reversible airway obstruction caused by Bronchial hyper reactivity, airway inflammation and mucous plugging. Asthma triggers include allergens, upper respiratory infections, cold air and exercise.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA