How Bad is Endometriosis?

Patient

Q: How bad is endometriosis and will it hurt me

Doctor

A:   Endometriosis is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus known as the endometrium which grows outside your uterus. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries, bowel or the tissue lining your pelvis.  The severity of the condition varies from person to person.
This process can cause pain - sometimes severe - especially during your period.  Pain is often the reason most women present to my clinic for treatment.  Again, the severity of the pain varies from person to person as does the treatment.
Endometriosis is also associated with fertility problems.
Fortunately, effective treatments are available and the sooner you see your doctor, the sooner treatment can begin.