How can I fix my sleeping problems?

Q: I've had trouble falling asleep for as long as i can remember, it takes me 1-2 hours or more on a regular day from the moment i go to bed till the moment i fall asleep. 2-4 times a week i fall asleep on the couch caus i litterly can't fall asleep in my bed. My theory of what the biggest problem is, is that my feet get really worm, like burning hot, and they swell a bit. If i haven't fallen asleep before this happens i wont fall asleep in many hours, im not sure this is the core to my problems though. It feels like i tried everything to make it better, reading to calm down before bed, open the door too cool down the room, taking a hot shower to get better blood circulation, but nothing works. What's the problem, and how can I fix it?

Symptoms:  Trouble falling asleep, really worm feet, swelling