How can I get Chlamydia infection

Patient: I was recently diagnosed with chlamydia. i’m wondering how i got it because me and my boyfriend both are each others only sexual partner (we lost our virginitys together). was it because we had anal and oral sex as well. could it be that he would get off work and we would have intercourse and he was dirty and sweaty.

Doctor: Chlamydia is the most commonly reported sexual transmitted disease in the United States, estimated at 4 million infectio ns annually, with rates higher than 10% in sexually active adolescent females. In a high percentage of cases there are no symptoms, and then those individuals (men 25%-50% and women 70%-80%) can have Chlamydia for a long period of time without knowing It. several months or a year after the sexual intercourse. When you go to the doctor, he will order diagnostic tests that may include cultures or sending urine to the laboratory to determine if you are infected. The doctor may also test you for other sexually transmitted diseases because many patients with Chlamydia also have other infections such as gonorrhea or trichomonas. Chlamydia infection is transmitted by sexual contact: it is a Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD).