How can I get Rid of My Acne?

Patient

Q: Hello, i just 17, and i have loads of acnes, have tried severial medication bt its still comes back.

Doctor

A:   Acne is a skin condition caused due to the plugging of pores in the skin resulting in accumulation of oil, dirt and bacteria. There are many forms of acne, this can be cystic, papules or pustules and treatment depends on what form of acne you have. Though you have not mention what medication you were taking the acne, you can try the following options :
i) Topical or oral antibiotics like erythromycin, clindamycin.
ii) Topical retinoin cream
iii) Accutane (an oral retinoid)
iv) Healthy diet, regular exercise, plenty of water, wash face with mild soap once or twice a day, do not pick the acne ( will lead to scarring and infection)