Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How can I get rid of some pink marks on

How can I get rid of some pink marks on

Patient: How can I get rid of some pink marks on my skin from acne? About a month ago I got two painful pimples and I furiously picked at both and now I have two red marks on my face that are slightly below the top layer of my skin. I need the quickest way to make the marks fade or maybe some cream that might help, PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I HAVE MY GRAD IN 30 DAYS!!

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here are a few things you can do to help you. I do not think that the red marks will rem ain for 30 days. But, to be certain here are a few pointers:Drink a lot of waterTake Multivitamin tablets to promote skin healingEat a lot of fruitsAvoid smoking and alcohol if you do themUse a face wash scrub to clean the poresUse Benzoyl cream on just the red spots to clean themThese should help to remove the spots in 10 days. If they do not go away, you may have an infection. See a Doctor. All the best.