How can I know if I am allergic to dog or cold?

Patient

Q: I just purchased a puppy two days ago. Never had a dog allergy before, I have been exposed to dogs. For the past three days my throat is burning, and scratchy, I also feel as though something is on my tongue and my lips tingling burning. I am not sneezing or have watery eyes. I have had a cough before I purchased the dog and I am know to have GERD. How can I tell if it is allergy with dog or cold?

Symptoms:  Burning scratchy throat, tingling burning lips and feel as though something is on my tongue . Painful pimple on chin
Doctor