How can I recover from this a little easier?

Patient: I seem to be having problems fighting off any infection that comes my way, lately. I have a broken foot and concussion (with brain swelling). I know this is probably contributing. Usually, I am fairly healthy. How can I help my body fight off these colds and other problems? I’m running high fevers when I usually would be ok after taking some allergy/cold meds.

Symptoms: High fever, coughing, sneezing, worse pain during cold weather

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you hare having such difficulty treating your repeated illnesses. It is p ossible that your injury could have exposed you to a chronic infection. You have not mentioned to us if you sustained a wound open wound during your injury, but this would be a source where infection could set in. We recommend that you go to your doctor to be examined once more and have a blood test performed to determine if you have any bacterial or viral infections leading to this prolonged illness. It is possible that you may be suffering from chronic allergies, as your symptoms are relieved by allergy medication. You may need to undergo allergy testing to determine what your exact sensitivities are. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting

View all posts