How can I stop the spread of infection in a

Patient: How can I stop the spread of infection in a small sore on the top of my foot. I’m not sure where i got the bump on my foot to begin with, it could have been an ant bite, flea bite, mesquito bite, or a fly bite. I’m sorry I really don’t know. I know that I’m not supposed to pop it but I did anyway because it was irritating me. I drained whatever fluid out of it, it was clear, I did this frequently over two days. Yesterday I noticed that it was becoming more red and wass yellow in the middle with a small dark dot in the center and it had small red streakes coming from it and at the time wasn’t thinking it was because it was infected. Today I poured rubbing alcohol on it and put a bandaid on it while I was outside. When I came inside I washed the sore and my feet and rubbed triple antibiotic ointment on it. I hope that will help. Am I doing the right thing to heal it? What else should I do to prevent the infection from spreading?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You need to see a Doctor and get the wound cleaned up. You have gotten the area infected and this is causing the problem. Once you see a Doctor, also get antibiotics. These will help you to recover. Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.Hope this helps you.