How can my chronic wound unhealed wound heal faster? the

Patient

Q: How can my chronic wound unhealed wound heal faster? the wound is on my right palm.

How can my chronic wound un...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a clear picture.

our posting of the details as how the wound started, what is the treatment done till now, and all related details would have helped me more.
I would suggest you the following
- Clean the whole hand with liquid Povidone-iodine 2 to 3 times a day, this helps by killing all the bacteria in the area.
- antibiotic cover for a few days with medicines like Doxycyclin.
- Therapeutic dosage of Vt A and D.
-Multivitamins.
No rubbing on such wound at all, as the tender epithelial layer needs time to anchor and get proper healing.

I hope this answer helps you.