Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How can my chronic wound unhealed wound heal faster? the

How can my chronic wound unhealed wound heal faster? the

Patient: How can my chronic wound unhealed wound heal faster? the wound is on my right palm.

How can my chronic wound un...-1

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and a clear picture.our posting of the details as how the wound started, what is the trea tment done till now, and all related details would have helped me more.I would suggest you the following- Clean the whole hand with liquid Povidone-iodine 2 to 3 times a day, this helps by killing all the bacteria in the area.- antibiotic cover for a few days with medicines like Doxycyclin.- Therapeutic dosage of Vt A and D.-Multivitamins.No rubbing on such wound at all, as the tender epithelial layer needs time to anchor and get proper healing.I hope this answer helps you.