How can you know exact due date

Patient : My wife is currently 37 weeks pregnant. The doctors said anytime between 38 and 42 weeks the baby can come. How do you know a more accurate number as to when the baby is ready to come out?
Doctor :   Due dates are determined by a number of factors. Early on in pregnancy, it can be estimated by adding aprox 9 months to the first day of a women's menstrual cycle. Later, an ultrasound a pinpoint an expected delivery date more accurately by measuring the growth and size of a fetus and comparing it with known normal ranges. This is usually done at the 7 week mark. From there, medical and genetic factors beyond the control of the patient and doctor can cause labour to be induced earlier or later than the ultrasound date. Other than regular contractions and breaking of water, there is no way to determine the delivery more accurately than the 4 week Window provided to you. Congratulations and best of luck