How can you take the pain a swollen foot and finger away

Q: I fell down some stairs 10 days ago ...

I went to doctors express and they took x-rays and said they thought I had a fractured left foot and torn rotator cups on my shoulders. they put my arm in sling told me to heat it with pad. they
referred me to valley orthopedic in renton washinton.

I went to appointment and met with a PA who said my foot wasn't torn but the plates on the bridge of my foot remain very painfully swollen and sore by touch, I cannot walk on this foot but the PA insist I do range of motion with my hurt limbs despite pain and discomfort. No heat ice only .

I went home hurting still, I worked with my right arm its about 80% back but now my left arm which did not hurt initially is giving me limited use about 60% along with bicep,tricep pain along with my 3 finger(from left to right) is swollen and feels as though its going to bust. Along with some lower back pain now developing acting feeling similar to a Charlie horse on my left leg. My left foot is now swollen again and when I cough my head is beginning to hurt.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if this is standardized treatment ? At what point is the pain suppose to subside or reduce ?

What should I do?? I am in pain ice helps temporary what can I do with the ice to reduce swollen tendons in finger? Its been 10 days of having a swollen foot and finger.

Symptoms:  Stair way fall 8 stairs continuously swollen foot and finger with shoulder pain and lower back pain.

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
To get Symptomatic relief for both the sprains we advise following:
1. An anti inflammatory and analgesic like Diclofenac for a short course.
2. Muscle relaxants like Thiocholchiside.
3. Diclofenac and Capscain ointment locally.
4. Hot fomentation of the involved area.
5. Tramadol in cases of unbearable pain.
This provides symptomatic relief if there is no underlying fracture.
For rotator cuff shoulder injury you might require to get MRI of the shoulder joint to see the extent of damage. Many a times arthoscopic ligament repair is required.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.