Ask The Doctor > Pending > How can you tell if you dentist broke your jaw

How can you tell if you dentist broke your jaw

Patient: How can you tell if you dentist broke your jaw during wisdom teeth extraction. I had a tooth that was under the surface still the healing process was fine but more painful on that side. Until I discovered a sharp object starting to poke out of my skin. I immediately called and made and appointment think in it was a bone spur. He said it was actually a piece of bone that was attached to my jaw bone still. So he cut open the area and sawed the sharp piece down. He didn’t give me antibiotics which I’m not sure is necessary or not but it’s still very painful and swollen and he did that on Wednesday and and it is Saturday now. I would like a second opinion I don’t want any other problems to arise. I don’t necessarily trust my dentist and I think he under plays the pain and severity of thing but then again I just could be over reacting.thank you

Doctor: