How common do doctors follow the FDA reccomended daily ritalin limit?

Patient

Q: In your experience do most doctors follow the FDA reccomended 60 mg per day limit on ritalin for ADHD? I am one of those patients that require larger doses for ritalin to be effective and 60 mg of ritalin in one day is not enough, but my doctor still would not go over 60 mg per day. Now I am in search of a new psychiatrist and I would like to know how common of a practice it is for psychiatrists to not go over 60 mg of ritalin per day.

Doctor