How common is incontinence in children and adults? What

Patient

Q: How common is incontinence in children and adults? What are the most common methods of handling incontinence?

Symptoms:  Incontinence
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Urinary incontinence is less common in children than in older adults (after 50). In post-menopausal women, 33 % of them may have incontinence.

Generally, incontinence is more common in males than women in children and young adults. If you think you have incontinence, please see a Doctor to get help.

Treatment can be as simple as behaviour therapy or getting surgery done in advanced cases.

Hope this helps you. All the best