Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How did my wife get Gonorrhea when we just having sex with each other?

How did my wife get Gonorrhea when we just having sex with each other?

Patient: How did my wife get Gonorrhea when we just having sex with each other. she just found out she had it but we trying to figure it out how she could have caught it when we just having sex with each other. I been notice a smeel every since she had our kids a year ago

Doctor: Gonorrhea is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD), is spread through contact with the penis, vagina, mouth, or an us of an infected individual. Ejaculation does not have to occur for gonorrhea to be transmitted or acquired. Gonorrhea can also be spread from mother to baby during delivery. I recommend her to comply with her antibiotic treatment and I suggest you to get tested too to rule out this disease since in men symptoms may take up to a month to appear.