Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How did the fall, make this condition show up immediatly.

How did the fall, make this condition show up immediatly.

Patient: Tripped, and fell Received a CT and MRI same day, was told I have Stenosis.Never a single back pain, and never my leg falling asleep while walking.Now both why did the fall cause the Stenosis to suddenly appear?

Symptoms: Lower back pain, left leg falling asleep while walking sporadic.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Your spinal stenosis may have been developing for a long period of time wand was asymptomat ic all this time. Until you have had the MRI and CT it was finally discovered. Now that you know that you have spinal stenosis, you will require to be closely monitored by a doctor to make sure you do it is not getting worse. Please continue to be monitored by your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com