How do get rid of cough and sore throat?

Q: I woke up Monday with the flu. My fever broke Wednesday but my throat still hurts and I am coughing up milky yellow junk. There are no white spots on my throat. Should I wait it out or go to the doctor?

Symptoms:  Coughing, sore throat

A:   The problem you have stated is suggestive of upper respiratory infection.
The cause of sore throat most of the time is due to allergy and viral infection, it may sometimes get super added with bacterial infection.
yellowish sputum suggest infection.
You have likely contracted a bacterial throat infection called pharyngitis with tonsillitis. As we are not certain as to what type of bacteria is causing this so we recommend that you have your doctor take a swabbing sample from the back of your throat for laboratory testing.
You will likely be prescribed oral antibiotic medication to treat this infection.
Please see your doctor.