Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How do i care for a 2 day old, large

How do i care for a 2 day old, large

Patient: How do i care for a 2 day old, large red welt around 2″ corn stalk scratch. I’ve cleaned with peroxide and applied neosporin and its getting larger.

How do i care for a 2 day o...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.It seems that the epidermal layer of skin has got abra ded leading to erosion.Neosporin is one of a very common cause of allergic contact dermatitis.I don’t prefer to advice Neosporin application for skin to my patients.I usually advise my patients to apply topical cream containing mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.Keep the area clean with soap and water.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy