How do i care for a 2 day old, large

Q: How do i care for a 2 day old, large red welt around 2" corn stalk scratch. I've cleaned with peroxide and applied neosporin and its getting larger.

How do i care for a 2 day o...-1

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

It seems that the epidermal layer of skin has got abraded leading to erosion.
Neosporin is one of a very common cause of allergic contact dermatitis.
I don't prefer to advice Neosporin application for skin to my patients.
I usually advise my patients to apply topical cream containing mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.
Keep the area clean with soap and water.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy