Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How do I get a prescription for risperdal?? I know

How do I get a prescription for risperdal?? I know

Patient: How do I get a prescription for risperdal?? I know that I have schizophrenia but it’s not psychiatrist diagnosed because I can’t afford to go see one. I’m 18 so I tell myself that the hallucinations and thoughts aren’t real but I keep having them. I don’t know what to do I just feel so helpless

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Risperdal is a very strong medication that can affect the brain adversely. You should se e a Doctor and then get evaluated to see if you really need it.Do not try to take the medication on your own at all. As it will definitely cause more harm than good. Hope this helps you.