How do I get rid of a lingering cough having

Q: How do I get rid of a lingering cough having asthma ? I have had my cough for 3 weeks now

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from Bronchitis or Allergic Cough. Smoking is the main factor behind it. However, it can be allergic too.
I would advise in such scenario to get Hemogram with ESR , ECG, Chest Xray and Pulmonary Function Test
If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchitis. If you have chest congestion, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required. You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.
Your doctor will also prescribe you anti-allergic like Levocetirizine for long term.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy